Orange, leader of the Telco path in the AccelUp programme, outlined the proposed model of cooperation with startups and potential challenges. The deadline for submitting applications in the first round of the AccelUp programme is April 19th, 2019. We invite startups ready to implement their #telco solutions in cooperation with our Partner and Technology Recipient - Orange.
Orange defines its needs for innovations based on two categories: Technology and Industries. The most desirable projects should combine at least one field from each of the two categories, although it is not mandatory.
The Technology category of consists of four fields:
- Cloud Computing
- Internet of Things
- Customer Experience (CX)
Industries defined by Orange including:
- in-store and DC process optimisation
- stock management
- enhanced shopping experience
- omnichannel solutions
- technical solutions optimising process of fleet management
- asset tracking
Production - intelligent solutions according to Industry 4.0 trends:
- monitoring production units and parameters
- resource and inventory management
- early failure detection and support of advanced preventive maintenance
- processes optimisation positively affecting costs and supply chains
- increasing the work comfort and safety of employees
Preferred Cooperation Model: Orange is looking for solutions with added value for customers in the following segments: B2B, B2B2C, B2C. In terms of added value we mean final products delivered to customers in the model mentioned below or solutions which may be included in the creation of final solutions delivered to customers.
Preferred business models: WhiteLabel or Partnership, where Orange and startups cooperate to deliver a solution to the customer.
Prefered arrangements: Revenue sharing or Reselling (Orange buys product from startup and resells it to customer).